Dragon palace, also known as “Long Gong” or “Long Palace”, is an overall area of 60 square kilometers, and is divided into four major scenic spots: the center, the Xuantang, the rape lake, and the Xianrenqing.
It has the longest and one of the most beautiful water cave in China, as well as many types of karst landscapes.
Within a radius of 10 square kilometers, the Dragon Palace Central Scenic Area is dotted with more than 90 large and small water and drought caves, which are known as “the great miracle of nature”.
The Dragon Palace Scenic Area has two of the best in the Guinness World
–The largest and most flood-dry karst cave group, and also the “Longgong Karst cave group” with the lowest natural radiation rate
–The world’s largest plant Chinese character landscape with world record certification –“Dragon” character field
The other title
In 1988, the Dragon Palace was approved by the State Council to be included in the second batch of national-level scenic spots in the name of the Dragon Palace Scenic Spot in Guizhou.
On May 8, 2007, the Dragon Palace Scenic Area in Anshun City was officially approved by the National Tourism Administration as a national AAAAA-level tourist attraction
Dragon Palace Scenic Area is dominated by underground river karst caves, integrating a variety of karst geological landscapes such as dry caves, canyons, waterfalls, peaks, cliffs, streams, and stone forests. There are China’s longest water cave, China’s largest cave temple, and China’s largest waterfall in the cave.
Dragon Palace Scenic Area is located in the southern suburbs of Anshun City, Guizhou Province, 27 kilometers away from Anshun City, 35 kilometers away from Huangguoshu Scenic Area, and 116 kilometers away from the provincial capital Guiyang City. There is a high-level highway directly to the scenic area.
It belongs to the Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau, with many mountains in the territory, and most areas are between 1100 and 1400 meters above sea level.
The geological structure is complex, weathering is strong, running water erosion is serious, and karst development conditions are good.
Dissolution and erosion landforms co-exist, mainly dissolution landforms, forming peculiar karst landscapes such as flood and drought caves, underground river waterfalls, depressions and rotating ponds, peaks and mountains stone forests.
It belongs to the subtropical monsoon humid climate, which is characterized by obvious alternating winter and summer winds, mild climate, abundant rainfall, no severe cold in winter and no scorching heat in summer, suitable for tourism and plant growth.
The annual average temperature is 14℃, the coldest January averages 4.1℃, and the hottest July averages 21.9℃.
In 1984, it was officially opened
In April 2005, the scenic area carried out the management system reform, the Dragon Palace Scenic Area Management Committee were established.
In 2013, Long Gong Scenic Spot focused on creating an upgraded version
In 2014, Longgong Scenic Area invested 4 billion yuan to comprehensively renovate the scenic area and surrounding areas.
In 2015, the 10th Guizhou Tourism Industry Development Conference was held in Anshun City
Dragon Palace consisting of two major theme areas which are “Longtan secret area” and “Tongxuan pastoral area”. In this areas, there are China’s largest karst caves, the largest Buddhist temple in the cave as well as the largest karst waterfalls of Longmen Waterfall.
Dragon Palace is a multi-ethnic area, mainly Buyi, Miao, etc. Each ethnic group has its own distinctive costumes and is colorful.
Women of the Buyi ethnic group are dressed in black and dark-colored homespun cloth with slanted cross-neck and large-breasted shorts. The collar, shoulder circumference, sleeves and hem are decorated with gold edges and batik patterns. The chest is tied with floral aprons and the bottom is multi-layer pleated skirt
Miao women generally wear skirts, which are eye-catching with colorful exquisite embroidery. They also wear delicate and unique silver ornaments such as bracelets, earrings, and layers of collars, which reveals a vibrant and dynamic beauty;
The Dragon Palace also has the “Tunpu people” handed down from the Ming Dynasty. They are descendants of the Han army sent by Emperor Zhu Yuanzhang of Ming Dynasty to guard the border of Yunnan and Guizhou. Today those people still inherits the culture and life customs of more than 600 years ago. Not only does it retain the tongue-winding pronunciation, Women also wore long robes with large sleeves, silk waistbands, and flowered-toe cloth shoes originated from clothing in the Ming Dynasty.
The “Earth Play” in the scenic area is regarded as the “living fossil of Chinese drama”.
You can taste the original local bacon, chicken, fish, farmhouse rice, etc. in the scenic area of Dragon Palace.
(1) Zheergen in cold dressing, this dish is jokingly called “A great monster in Guizhou, grass roots are good dishes”. Zheergen is the houttuynia cordata in traditional Chinese medicine. It has a unique taste and can reduce inflammation and detoxify.
(2) Spicy chicken stewed with tofu, with large pieces of chicken dipped in red vegetable oil, which tempts the appetite and tastes spicy and refreshing.
(3) Bacon and blood tofu. It is said that this blood tofu has a history of hundreds of years. At that time, Zhu Yuanzhang’s troops dipped the tofu into hot pig blood, dried and stored it. It was cut off or steamed or boiled when needed. It was convenient and nutritious, especially when it was eaten with bacon, it was fresh and waxy with a unique flavor.
(4) Buckwheat jelly: It is made of sweet buckwheat, a specialty of Guizhou Plateau, which can be cut into slices or scraped into strips when eating. The condiments are very special. In addition to the sauce, vinegar, onion, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, it is sprinkled with fried soybeans, peanuts, chili oil and Anshun famous fermented bean curd which is delicious,
(5) Changwang noodles, using fresh pork intestines and pig blood as the main ingredients. The large intestines are stewed with a variety of seasonings to a proper temperature. The blood is slightly hot. The noodles are made of local special wet noodles. With the addition of crisp whistle, red oil, pea tips and other ingredients, the noodles are red and crisp, the soup is bright red, spicy but not fierce, and the taste is strong.
(6) Deep-fried egg cake: select high-quality rice and soybeans, soak them and grind them into a slurry, then put them into a hexagonal metal box, add fresh meat fillings, and fry them in a boiling oil pan. The outside is crispy and the inside is tender and soft which is delicious.
(1) Anshun batik: the first dye in the East-Anshun batik enjoys a high reputation for its elegant colors, noble style, bold and unrestrained style, and its strong ethnic characteristics and ancient and exquisite craftsmanship.
(2) Anshun’s “Three Knives”: Anshun’s “Three Knives” are characterized by sharp blades, simple and beautiful styles, and durability. They are local famous and special products in Guizhou Province.
(3) Zhenning bobo candy: Bobo candy contains a variety of amino acids and vitamins, is crisp, and has a unique flavor. It is a local flavored food which mainly is produced in Zhenning Buyi and Miao Autonomous County.
(4) An alcohol: Anjiu is a strong-flavor famous wine, with its typical style as its clear and transparent, rich in aroma, sweet and refreshing, and a long aftertaste.
Dragon palace Data
Address & phone
Add: Longgong Scenic Area, Longgong Town, Xixiu District, Anshun City
Phone: +86 851 3366-1049 / 3366-1026
March-November: 07:30-18:30 (Stop ticket sales at 18:00)
December-February of the following year: 08:30-18:00 (Stop ticket sales at 17:30)
How to get to there
Through the Sichuan-Guizhou, Xiang-Gui, and Qian-Gui Railway, Anshun is connected to other parts of the province, and trains from Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, and Guangzhou all stop here.
The Guiyang-Kunming Railway runs through the entire Anshun area, and the tourist train “Huangguoshu” travels between Guiyang and Anshun every day.
Anshun Huangguoshu Airport is open to air traffic. The airport is located in the southern part of the city, six kilometers away from the city center. Currently, routes to Beijing, Dalian, Qingdao and Kunming are opened. You can also fly to Guiyang and then transfer to Anshun.
There are tourist air-conditioned coaches bound for Anshun at Guiyang Jinyang Bus Terminal. There are buses to Dragon Palace and nearby scenic spots in Anshun City.
Huangguoshu Airport, 320 National Highway, Guihuang Highway, and Shanghai-Kunming (Shanghai-Kunming) Expressway can all directly reach the scenic spot.
Guiyang International Airport
Add: No. 1, Airport Road, Nanming District, Guiyang
Phone number: +86 851 96967
Altitude: 1140 meters
Anshun Huangguoshu Airport
Add: Anshun City, Guizhou
Phone number: +86 851 3338-3000
Altitude: 1500 meters
Longdongbao Bus Station
Add: Zhanlong Road, Southwest Ring Road, Xiaobi Township, Nanming District, Guiyang City
Phone: +86 851 8585-9089
Anshun East Station
Add: Dongguan Street, Xixiu District, Anshun City
Phone: +86 853 3322-2169 / 3220-0999